Brassy hair. Unwanted color tones. Unnaturally-occurring colors.
Do you miss your dark hair color? Have you gone frustrated over it that you regret having dyed your hair previously?
Whoa! Take a deep breath. We feel you. Besides, it’s not yet the end of the world. Relax because, after painstaking researches and personal tries, we can all finally say “Eureka!”
Shampoos We Recommend for Brassy Hair
- Provides immediate and 24-hr scalp comfort and hydration
- pH Balanced formula cleanses while respecting scalp balance
- Gently cleanses
- Soothes irritation and itching
- 🌱 FINALLY, SOFT HAIR WITHOUT SKIN IRRITATION: You may have noticed that many natural shampoos forget one...
- 🌱 A DELICATE UNSCENTED LATHER: Just like skin, hair needs to maintain an acidic pH of 5.5 too. And that’s...
Yes. You heard it right. We now have the ultimate solution for getting rid of brassy hair. Is it an expensive solution? Imported? Cutting-edge? Well, you’ll be surprised to know that the tools are just within your reach!
But, first- let’s find out what brassy hair is and what causes it.
What Makes Hair Brassy?
Do you notice that after dying your hair in a week, uneven shades of red, orange or yellow start appearing on the strands? That’s brassy hair. If a brassy feature can speak, it will have one thing to scream out: “thirsty”…
When you dye your hair blonde, it experiences exhaustion. This happens because water and oil eventually escape the follicles, hindering the production of B vitamins in the process. Consequently, B vitamins balance all color-giving nutrients in the hair. However, once the follicle experiences damage from dye concentration, it undergoes imbalance in nutrients. As mentioned earlier, it dehydrates and therefore stunts B vitamin production.
In a parallel circumstance, the bleaching process dilutes the melanin, a dominant coloring element in the hair, in a state called oxidation. The dye responsible for this almost always has a mix of peroxide and ammonia. The marriage between these two strong chemicals gives birth to potential hair color disaster.
Imagine all these forces entwining and building up towards the catastrophic state.
Brassiness proves to be most frustrating especially for the naturally-brunette gals. Such condition is not another piece of cake; it’s a serious matter. And, you can’t easily get rid of it if you lack the right tools.
The frustration would then later take its toll on as you begin to regret why you ever dyed your hair. But dying the hair shouldn’t ever be a mistake. Changing hair colors have been part of many women’s beauty routine. So, why regret? If so, then you must have committed some kind of mistake in the process.
Too late to correct the mistake? No worries- here’s what you can do in the present.
Materials Needed for Getting Rid of Brassy Hair
Getting rid of brassy hair should not be expensive. In fact, you can even guarantee an effective routine, using materials right under your nose or in this case, right around your kitchen!
Here are the materials needed for getting rid of brassy hair:
- Sulfate-free shampoo
- Toning shampoo
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Homemade hair toners
If you’re having trouble securing these items, you can simply buy the top toner shampoo brands in the market.
How to Get Rid of Brassy Hair Using All-Natural Vinegar
Vinegar has a natural capacity for hydrating the hair follicles and freeing its pigments from ammonia, peroxide or other strong chemicals.
Here is a detailed guide on combating brassy hair using all-natural vinegar:
- As you prepare for a shower, set aside a vinegar poured in a bowl.
- Take a shower and apply shampoo and conditioner to your hair.
- Wash the shampoo and conditioner off of your hair. Then, proceed with mixing the vinegar with water.
- Mix thoroughly then pour all contents into your hair. As you pour the solution, guide it with your hands for even distribution. You can’t miss a spot.
- Gently massage your hair with your fingers. Keep on doing it until the solution has properly soaked in your hair within 5-8 minutes.
- Once done, wash hair with water. Make sure to clean the hair off from any residue.
Now that we’ve learned the simple procedure using vinegar- let’s finally get to know the step by step instructions on how to get rid of brassy hair.
How To Get Rid of Brassy Hair with Vinegar
This method is an alternative to the vinegar solution. And we can’t help it- pure vinegar scent can be off-putting at times. This method should be milder than the former one.
- Pour hollyhock herbs and apple cider vinegar in a boiling water.
- Mix solution with a ladle until it becomes sticky. Then, set it aside to cool.
- Take a shower. Apply shampoo and conditioner.
- Right after doing so, rinse the hair with water. Then, apply the solution evenly in all parts of the hair.
- Massage your hair with your fingers for 10 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with conditioner and a toner shampoo.
- Rinse again with water.
- Enjoy the result.
Enjoying it yet? Care to know of some drawbacks on the procedure? Well, here’s more information for you!
Drawbacks and Side-Effects of Applying Toner Shampoo
Toner shampoos are effective solutions for color-correcting the hair. But because of the presence of concentrated artificial chemical compounds in its package, it can also be potentially harmful.
However, with the observance of proper application, you should be safe from these drawbacks and side-effects.
- Skin redness
- Slight itching
- Partial stings on skin
Slightly severe reactions:
- Skin flaking
- Skin Bumps
- Severe itching
- Contact Dermatitis
- Slight Rash
- Eye problems
- Skin ulcer
- Heat Rash
- Hair Loss
- Occasional Pigmentation
But if it can be helped (it can actually be helped)- follow the tips to prevent brassy hair.
Uggh! God forbid these conditions. So, if you want to be safe from all these, then observe proper application of the toner shampoo. If possible, stick to organic solutions.
Tips to Prevent Brassy Hair – Learn From the Experts!
Dying the hair is inevitable in the pursuit of beauty. Somehow, beauty comes with a price. But it shouldn’t always be as costly as losing your natural hair color. If we can only alter some parts of the action and perfect the whole process, then we can finally let our hair down, worry-less.
Maintaining moderation. Correcting the process. Observing proper procedure. These should help sport a guilt-free hair fashion.
No worries! You can now finally sport a guilt-free hair color-altering fashion.
Have you just gotten back from the salon? Well, not so fast and take delight in the basic tips to prevent brassy hair!
- If you don’t want to ruin that hair color, refrain from excessive washing of hair. Tap water and other shampoo chemicals are potential culprits for ugly brassy shades. So, you’d better keep out.
- Don’t ever bathe in hot water. Use cold water instead.
- Shower only once a week. And when you do, use a purple shampoo.
- Keep the hair protected from the sun’s direct heat. Always fashion a hat.
- Use essential oils as an alternative for showers.
FAQs: How to Get Rid of Brassy Hair
Both are effective in fixing brassy hair. But if you prefer a sweeter scent- you ought to use apple cider vinegar.
There are a lot of preventive measures. But the most dominant is “washing the hair only once a week.”
That would be “washing your hair with vinegar.” Nothing beats that!
There’s no need to always feel guilty about having to bleach your hair. There are methods to be observed and correct procedures to be followed.
Thankfully, we have come up with the creme de la creme of instructions. Nevertheless, hair bleaching should have its limitations as well. The hair can only keep up with so much lambasting and oxidations!
Brassiness in the hair entails negligence. It results from dehydration of the hair follicles and the eventual impediment of the hair’s melanin. Ugly as it may be- it can still turn into a beautiful learning experience.
By all means, hair color plays a great role in crafting beauty. And if you’re careful enough to observe the instructions, preventive measures (like using the right products for your hair), and other routines, you’re sure to achieve that desired beauty. Be glad that it starts with the hair!
Are You Looking for The Best Hair Fall Solution, READ THIS RIGHT NOW!