Asian hair has different features from Caucasian hair and needs special hair care products with ingredients that suit them specifically as many shampoos are made keeping in mind Western hair standards. In Asians as well, hair types vary from person to person and that’s why you need the best shampoo for Asian hair only.
Asian hair is straight, has a large diameter, and dark pigmentation due to thicker cuticle layer and more compact cuticle cells compared to Caucasians because of which hair shampoo needs to meet all the needs for Asian hair nourishment and hair. Go through our picks for the best shampoo for Asian hair and know what suits your hair.
Top 10 Best Shampoo For Asian Hair
Most Asian Hairs are straight but that’s not a compulsion there is curly and textured hair as well. Some things are common in Asian Hair that are thick, roundish, and have an oily scalp. For that matter, Asians need regular hair care and that’s why the best shampoo to compliment there here. So here we go with our list –
Formulated in Italy this Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo is sulfate free enriched with vitamin best for thin and color treated hair. It is made from 100% pure Moroccan Oil for frizz free curly hair, hair thickening and total hydration solution
- Kernels of the Moroccan Argan Tree.
- Enhanced with Botanicals
- Rich in Botanicals Bingo Hair Care Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo is enriched with Keratin oil, Jojoba oil, Rosemary extract Chamomile essence with Aloe-vera extract that repairs damaged hair and increase the volume
- This herbal hair shampoo contains a high amount of antioxidants, vitamin E, essential fatty acid for moisturizing and healing dry scalp
- As mentioned before Asian’s have different hair type, Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo is made for all hair types be it dry, oily curly, straight or frizzy hair
- Average Asian’s dye their hair with different colors and thus Sulfate-Free, UV Protected Shampoo is suitable for color-treated hair
- Has a strong herbal after smell which did not set well with some users
Why Should You Buy This?
This is the best shampoo for Asian hair and its diverse needs are it color-treated, frizzy, curly, straight, oily, or dry scalp hair this Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo by Bingo Hair Care is just perfect for all of it
Filled with serene ingredients Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo is a unisex shampoo. It is made to repair damaged dry hair with the formula infused from the aloe vera plant. Frizz-free and Heat-protect is the best shampoo for Asian hair.
- Enriched with Aloe Plant
- Paraben Free
- For dry hair Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo is a great solution inspired by hydrating aloe plant, it is a moisturizing and damage controlling shampoo that rejuvenated soft and shiny hair
- Hydrasource Shampoo combined with the Leave-In Tonic, Leave-In Cream, and Conditioner by Biolage can get rid of dryness and repair hair problems
- It is used by Professionals as it makes hair damage-free, easy to style, so soft you can literally run your fingers through it.
- Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo contains sulfate which can be damaging for color treated hair
- Made for damage control for dry hair this shampoo is not effective on oily hair
Why should you buy this?
If you have dry scalp Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo is one of the finest shampoos you can purchase, combined with its leave-in and conditioner it really does wonders.
A Korean Hair Product Ryeo is a high-rated anti-hair fall shampoo made with natural ingredients and is equivalent to herbal medicine. It consists of Vitamin B5 that prevents dry hair strands from falling off and thickens the hair volume. As formulated by Asian hair care standards Ryoe Korean Herbal Anti Hair Loss Shampoo is the best for Asian hair for sure.
- Contains Biota Seeds
- Infused with herbal plants
- Enriched with Vitamin B5
- Ryoe Korean Herbal Anti Hair Loss Shampoo as the name suggest the prominent benefit of this shampoo it prevents hair fall and fixes the damaged hair
- Natural hair shampoo is safe as it is infused with herbal plants such as licorice, biota seeds, red ginseng, honey, and the ginger extract is totally nourishment filled and add volume to hair
- Also, it has Salicylic Acid which helps to repairs and soothes irritating and itchy scalp
- Also as earlier mentioned it contains Vitamin B25 which thickens the hair and repairs dry hair strands.
- Not effective on Fine Hair and can be heavy on it
- As it is herbal oil after smell did not sit well with some users
Why should you buy this?
Ryoe Korean Herbal Anti Hair Loss Shampoo is the most effective Anti Hair Loss and as it is made with Asain Herbs it is just made for Asian Hair. So you want to buy an authentic Asian oil that can be the best pick.
PURA D’OR Hair Thinning Therapy Shampoo is one of the most popular Korean hair products. It is the best shampoo for Asian hair which has a thinning problem. It is a sulfate-free product, made with natural ingredients, infused with argan oil and aloe vera which helps in hair thickening. It is one of the healthiest shampoos enriched with 17 oil.
- Biotin and DHT Herbal Ingredients
- 17 Proprietary Herbal Blend
- It contains in total 17 oil enrichments such as red Korean seaweed, argan oil, aloe vera, tea tree, etc for healthy, naturally moisturized hair.
- Also, black cumin seed penetrates deep into the scalp and repairs the scalp from roots, it is also safe for the sensitive scalp as it is hypoallergenic.
- Includes biotin that is an essential hair nutrient that will make hair healthy and thicker-looking
- Hair gets tangled after use as experienced by some users
Why should you buy this?
PURA D’OR Hair Thinning Therapy Shampoo is quickly effective and you can see results in just a few weeks of starting to apply it and it is Sulfate-Free it is safe for color tested hair which is made for both Men and Women
Specially meant for color-treated hair Pureology Hydrate Moisturizing Shampoo damage controls dry hair and thickens them. It uses an anti-fade formula to lock this shine and does not damage any natural and essential oil treatment. Most importantly it’s meant for color-tested hair and has a UV filter and Vitamin E.
- Infused with Jojoba, Green Tea, Sage
- An aromatherapy blend of Bergamot, Patchouli, and Lavender
- Free from Sulfate and Paraben
- 100% Vegan, Not Tested on Animal
- Pureology Hydrate Moisturizing Shampoo is most essential if you have dyed your hair as it is sulfate-free, includes Vitamin E, sunflower seed, and UV filters that protect color vibrancy and ensures long-lasting hair color.
- The shampoo contains natural content which hydrates hair and thickens them and has a pleasant after wash smell
- It Softens, moisturizes hair, and protects the shine with its anti-fade formula.
- It contains Gluten which makes hair sticky
- Made hair frizzy in some cases
Why should you buy this?
Made for color-treated hair this is the best dry shampoo for Asian hair, also adds shine, hydrates, and moisturizes hair.
Nioxin Cleanser Shampoo is made for thin hair and prevents hair fall. Cleanses and refreshes scalp and hair by removing sebum, fatty acids and other environmental residue and makes them thicker and fuller looking.
- Activ-Renewal Technology
- Includes Ensulizole and Sulisobenzone
- Derma Purifying Shampoo
- Nioxin Cleanser Shampoo cleanses the scalp, strengthens hair, and amplifies hair look with its deep derma purifying
- Best for hair thickening and add volume to damaging and thinning hair
- UV protection removes environmental residue from scalp and hair
- Even though UV protected not made for color-treated hair as it contains sulfate
- Thickens hair but is not effective on hair fall treatment
Why should you buy this?
If looking for a beast hair thickening shampoo this is the best shampoo for Asian hair. Nioxin Cleanser Shampoo has three-part total care – cleansing, strengthening, and amplifying hair volume.
Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo is infused with argan oil, antioxidants, essential fatty acid, and keratin oil for moisturized and nourished hair. Made for frizz-free hair this is the best shampoo if you want to give volume to your hair.
- Enriched with Argan oil, Lavender, Rosemary, and many more natural ingredients
- Keratin Protein
- No sulfate, phosphate, and paraben
- Blend of spicy amber aromas and sweet floral notes
- Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo repairs the damaged dry scalp with the help of keratin and argan oil
- The formula also strengthens and gives repair treatment to the weak hair strands and dead ends by moisturizing it
- Moroccanoil Shampoo reduces frizz and makes it smooth to comb and style also increases your hair movement and volume drastically
- Made for dry scalp Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo though had itchy scalp complaint by some users
- Even though sulfate-free, not effective on color-treated hair
Why should you use it?
If you want to regain volume and treat the dry scalp Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo is the perfect product for you
Botanic Hearth Biotin Shampoo is 100% Pure Ginger Oil that repairs damages and helps to grow long thick hair. Enriched with a blend of natural ingredients for nourishing, shinier, longer, and moisturizing hair
- Organic Ingredient – Ginger Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Turmeric Extract
- Collagen Proteins
- Sulfate & Paraben Free
- Color-Safe Shampoo
- Suitable for all hair types soothing formula to calm dry hair, comfort irritating and itchy scalp
- Gently cleanses your hair impurities, dirt hydrates hair, and promotes long nourished and moisturized hair
- Does not contain sulfate, paraben, Botanic Hearth Biotin Shampoo is color-safe shampoo
- Not effective on hair fall problem
Why should you buy this?
Botanic Hearth Biotin Shampoo comes in a package with Condition and is the best shampoo for Asian hair especially because they are super effective on all types of hair. If you are one of the most Asian who desires to have long hair this is the perfect match for you
Made with 100% Himalayan Apple Cider Vinegar WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo is formulated to remove buildups, damage repairs, and make the hair shiny. Top-rated this shampoo is rich in vital protection and helps hair to become healthier for men and women
- Natural and Raw Himalayan Apple Cider Vinegar
- Parabens and Sulfate Free
- Contains No Salt and Silicones
- Detoxify and cleanses hair and dry scalp and clears up dirt and impurities by stylist products
- Essential nutrients and vitamins that repairs split ends, breakage, and thinning hair, removes excessive oil, silicones form all type of hair
- Unisex, slowdowns male pattern baldness, hair fall during the shower and makes them smooth, thickens while adding volume
- Made hair sticky and greasy for some user
Why Should You Buy This?
Highly rated and consumer reviews WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo is an ideal choice in all the sense if you are looking for the best shampoo for Asian hair.
Made with 5 mint essential oils Maple Holistic Winter Blend Shampoo helps to repair damaged hair and removes buildup and flakes. It is the best shampoo for Asia’s hair as it tackles the most common hair issue in an Asian household, dandruff and hair loss
- Contains 5 Mint Essential Oil Including Eucalyptus Mint Oil and Peppermint Oil
- Contains Plant-Based Ingredients
- Sulfate and Paraben-Free
- Targets the hair roots, cleanses dry scalps, and washes impurities
- Removes dandruff flakes and prevents hair loss
- Made with the finest ingredients has been tested by health care officials
- Color Safe for dyed hair
- Maple Holistic Winter Blend Shampoo contains no sulfate but has types of salts that are damaging for some hair
Why should you buy this?
Now that we have a look into different products, let’s look on what basis you should choose the product so it can be most effective for you
How to Choose Best Shampoo For Asian Hair (Buying Guide)
Now that we have look in to different products, let’s look on what basis you should choose the product so it can be most effective for you
Oily Scalp vs Dry Scalp
Hair Care and health depend upon 2 factors first the hair strand growth as we saw thinner or thicker hair second and most important is scalp nourishment. And again 2 types of the scalp are oily and dry. You should know your scalp type and then choose shampoos that are specially made for either dry or oily scalp. For dry scalp shampoos are made with oily extract to return the oil nourishment which gets washed off and then for oily scalp, shampoo is made to wash out the oil that is excreted from the head.
Natural Hair Color vs Color Treated
Some shampoos are solely made for normal hair with natural color-containing sulfate though shampoos can be harmful to color-treated hair as it can damage the color vibrancy and also result in hair fall. So while choosing a Shampoo if you have your hair color-treated go for sulfate-free, color-safe shampoos, if you have natural hair avoid shampoo that is specially made for color-treated hair. Though there are many shampoos now that can be used for both the hair.
Thinner Hair vs Thicker Hair
All shampoos are not the same and are made for different purposes, usually, its sold in 2 categories – for thinner hair and then for thicker hair. And it should be used for what it serves and not the other way around. Shampoo made for thinner hair is especially for hair fall resistance and grows in volume and shampoo for thicker hair has ingredients to make it light so they can be less busy. So firstly you need to define your hair type and choose the shampoo according to it.
Volume vs Bounce
Usually thinner hair is straight and long but they lack volume, so if you have thin hair you should go for a shampoo that is for thinner hair and also offers you volume so that it can fulfill both your needs similarly if you have thick hair you have volume already and need bounce to enhance your overall look so go for a shampoo that offers a good bounce to your hair
Why Shampoo Is Important
Shampoo is an essential product for healthy hair, shampoos help to remove impurities, repair damaged hair, nourish the scalp, dandruff removal, hair fall resistance, and many other purposes. And that is why washing your hair with shampoo has become an important part of hair care. But you can’t just choose any shampoo you have to be precise and learn for what purpose your hair needs shampoo.
Hair health comes with proper cleansing and nourishment which are both fulfilled by a Shampoo. Especially now with a lot of pollutants in the air that can damage hair easily, washing your hair with Shampoo frequently is a necessity. Skipping your shampoo wash from the schedule can result in the itchy, irritating scalp and foul-smelling hair. So shampoo your hair on schedule.
How to Shampoo Your Hair Properly
Starting with the amount of shampoo you should use, there is no specific amount you can use as per your need, using it more than what is needed won’t do any harm as long as you wash it out properly but then there is no benefit to it as well.
After taking a reasonable amount of shampoo you need to massage it properly to your hair strands and scalp, make sure you apply it on wet hair for proper massage as it is soap to remove dirt and pollutants
After massaging its advised to rinse the shampoo from your hair within less than a minute and not keep it longer than that as it can cause a damage
You may also like: Best Drugstore Shampoo For Oily Hair
Then further wash it with either lukewarm or cold water, strictly avoid using hot water as heat can damage hair as it can result in hair loss also cold water will help to lock all the nutrients and make the hair shiner
The shampoo is sometimes paired with Conditioner that can give more healthy nourishment to hair but that’s not a compulsion if you have put oil in your hair as many Asian believe in oiling with coconut and other natural oil and also if your shampoo has done its work properly you don’t need a conditioner.
Depending on your hair and formulation of shampoo generally, it is advised to wash your hair once every week or every other week.
Should Asian hair be washed every day?
No, washing your hair daily will make it dry. It is advised to wash your hair every 1 to 2 weeks for proper health and hair and its precise growth.
What happens if you don’t wash your hair for a month?
If you avoid your hair wash schedule for more than 2 weeks you can get an itchy and irritating scalp, damaged hair and in some extreme cases, it can be infectious as well.
How can I make my hair thinner and softer?
Washing hair with hair-thinning shampoo in cold water can reduce the frizz and make your hair thinner and softer.
Asian hair is of different types and it depends on person to person. It is your responsibility to define your hair type and choose the correct shampoo which suits you and your hair concerns. Go through our picks for the best shampoo for Asian hair, read the specifications carefully, and choose what appeals to you and your hair needs.