With so many skincare products to choose from these days, it’s reasonable to ask whether you really need an additional product like an eye cream to your arsenal. When you already have products for cleansing, toning, moisturizing, and masking, why would you be buying a special cream for that small skin under your eyes?
Well, the truth is, a well-formulated eye cream is more than just a luxury. If you wish to erase those fine lines and dark circles on your eyes, then an eye cream is definitely a necessity. Yes, even if you’re 25 or don’t have wrinkles yet.
But wait, you are not typical. You don’t want to go with conventional products. You are caring and want cruelty free eye cream. None like the idea of testing beauty products on adorable little mice. So, how can you cruelty-free eye cream?
Worry not, we got you covered! Look no further because we’ve rounded up a list of the best cruelty free eye cream available and compiled a product information list to put an end to your search.
This article might be a long read, but trust us, you’ll definitely not regret it!
In a Hurry? Check Our Top 3 Picks
How Did We Come Up with Our List of Top 10 Best Cruelty Free Eye Cream?
We know it’s a hassle to spend a lot of time in the shop looking for the best eye cream or to wander in Amazon, weighing the pros and cons of every product. To make things easier for you, we made a comprehensive list of the best cruelty free eye cream currently available. We started by looking into hundreds of options in the market and checking out which are highly recommended by dermatologists and customers alike. Customer reviews about the products’ quality and their views on its pros and cons were considered as well. We then took a closer look at the ingredients and, of course, consider products that contain the ingredients mentioned above.
Our search resulted in 10 cruelty free eye creams that have incredible benefits you’ll love. The products on our list are guaranteed recommended by happy and satisfied customers. Below is a detailed review of each product so you can decide which one is best for you.
Please keep reading to know more about the ten best cruelty free eye cream that made our list and why.
Top 10 Best Cruelty Free Eye Cream of 2020
1. Kleem Organics Firming Eye Cream
Zap dark circles with this bliss eye cream by Kleem Organics. It leaves the skin under the eyes soft and prevents all the puffiness. This eye cream is not only a recommended product for people in their 40s, but it’s also one of Amazon’s choice picks. Customers have good reviews about this product. One shopper commented, “Fine lines and wrinkles are easing already after just a few weeks!”
About the product:
It’s an eye cream treatment formulated to firm, protect, and brighten the sensitive skin under the eyes. This rich, hydrating eye cream is the best solution for the five visible signs of aging around the eye area: wrinkles, puffiness, sagging skin, dark circles, crow’s feet. In just 10 minutes after application, eyes would look more rested and radiant as skin is drenched with hydration.
Key Ingredients: Caffeine, Hyaluronic Acid, Plant Stem Cells, Matrixyl 3000, Vitamin E, Green Tea and Amino Acids
- It has a synergistic combination of powerful yet gentle plant-based ingredients that nourish, smoothen, and revamp the skin around the eyes.
- The product has a lightweight gel texture that absorbs quickly and intensely hydrates the skin leaving it soft and silky.
- It intensely hydrates the skin around the eyes and provides a fresh, comfortable feeling all day for 24 hours.
- Non-sticky. Non-greasy. Ideal for layering under sunscreen or makeup.
2. LilyAna Naturals Eye Cream Moisturizer
Turn back the clock with LilyAna Naturals’ Eye Cream Moisturizer. It’s an excellent rejuvenating treatment for brightening, firming, hydrating, lifting and tightening the delicate skin area around your eye. “The consistency is just perfect and doesn’t bother my eyes at all,” writes one reviewer.
About the product:
LilyAna Naturals’ Eye Cream Moisturizer is a great eye cream for dark circles and fine lines around the eyes. This product heals, repairs, and calms the skin giving it an even skin tone and a smooth, radiant complexion. It has no artificial fragrances nor colors, but instead contains ingredients like rosehip seed oil and hibiscus flower extract.
Key Ingredients: Organic Hibiscus Flower Extract, Rosehip Seed Oil, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Great for both women and men, this advanced anti-aging skincare formula contains ingredients, such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Organic Hibiscus Flower Extract, and Rosehip Seed Oil, which all nourishes and hydrates the skin for a youthful look.
- The product can be used both morning and night time. It is gentle enough for the sensitive skin under the eyes. It can also be used on the face and neck.
- It works well with all skin types and is light enough to be used under makeup.
- The product contains no parabens, artificial colors, or synthetic fragrances. All LilyAna Naturals’ products are manufactured in the USA at FDA Registered and USDA Organic Certified facility, which is vegan friendly and cruelty-free.
3. 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream
Hydrate and smoothen the delicate skin area under your eyes with this unique vegan eye cream by 100% Pure. Customers particularly rave about the cream’s pleasant coffee bean aroma, made from three sources of caffeine. “I have very sensitive skin, and this cream did not irritate my skin at all—plus it felt moisturizing and not greasy.” writes one shopper.
About the product:
100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream is a deeply moisturizing natural eye cream, made with three types of caffeine: green coffee beans, coffee cherry, and green tea. These stimulating sources of pure caffeine make this eye cream a morning multitasker for tired eyes – making this product the best vegan eye cream in our list. It is best applied for wrinkles, dark circles, and puffy under-eyes.
Key Ingredients: Green Coffee Beans, Coffee Cherry Rosehip Oil, Green Tea, Vitamin C, Aloe, and Rose Hydrosol
- This unique caffeine-based eye cream is infused with the aromatic scent of a warm vanilla latte, which gives the pleasant aroma of a sweet coffee buzz.
- The product also includes anti-aging vitamins, hydrating aloe, and nourishing rosehip oil to promote a more youthful eye area.
- This product is made both from fruit and plant ingredients, which are high in vitamins and antioxidants beneficial for the skin.
- No cheap fillers to water down formulas, no artificial fragrances, no synthetic preservatives or chemicals, or any other toxins were used in this product.
4. Brickell Men’s Restoring Eye Balm
For our male readers, this might be the best eye cream for wrinkles vegan you’re looking for. Primarily a product marketed towards men, Brickell Men’s Restoring Eye Balm makes use of ingredients like aloe and green tea to tighten and hydrate the skin around your eyes. One reviewer writes, “This has been the best product that I have found for taking care of the bags and dark circles under my eyes.”
About the product:
This men’s eye cream is formulated to reduce wrinkles, eye bags, dark circles, and puffiness around the eyes. It can be used for men with any skin type who want to achieve a brighter and more energized eyes. Brickell Men’s Restoring Eye Balm is absorbed immediately by the skin, leaving no greasy residue or shine on the face.
Key Ingredients: Matrixyl 3000, Hyaluronic Acid, Caffeine, Aloe, Vitamin C, Green Tea
- This lightweight eye cream is made with powerful, natural ingredients: Matrixyl 3000, Hyaluronic Acid, and Caffeine.
- Matrixyl 3000 consists of protein peptides, clinically proven to boost collagen production and reduce wrinkles by 45% in two months.
- MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) is a nutrient found in many superfoods such as spinach and kale. This ingredient helps reduce age spots and common skin pigmentation issues related to aging.
- Hyaluronic Acid is a gel-like molecule that retains over 1,000 times its weight in water, making it the ultimate skin hydrator.
- Caffeine is a natural stimulant that reduces eye puffiness and dark circles by increasing blood circulation around the eyes.
5. Neocutis Lumière Bio-Restorative Eye Cream
“Expensive but worth it,” writes one customer. “Overall, I found this to be a good product which provided a lot of under-eye moisture and caused no irritation,” another customer commented. Listed as Amazon’s Choice for “Lumiere bio-restorative eye cream,” this product targets the delicate skin under the eyes to improve the signs of aging for noticeably younger-looking eyes!
About the product:
NEOCUTIS, with cutting-edge research and meticulous craftsmanship, formulated this eye cream to get rid of eye bags and puffiness effectively.
Key Ingredients: Caffeine, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C
- This intensive eye cream is made with ingredients like caffeine, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin C, which helps to minimize under-eye darkness while hydrating skin.
- It’s a moisturizing and rejuvenating cream, which alleviates under-eye darkness and reduces puffiness.
- It is a “simple” –formulated eye cream to support three key building blocks of youthful skin: collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid.
6. Organys Rejuvenating Eye Formula
Say yes to youthful eyes with this rejuvenating eye cream by Organys. This under eye cream absorbs quickly and leaves the skin hydrated. “The eye cream works wonders!! I’ve used it for a week and noticed a huge difference!! Goodbye baggy eyes”, as stated by one satisfied Amazon shopper.
About the product:
This powerful professional-grade formula is packed full of peptides that deliver anti-aging benefits. It targets all three problem areas around the eyes – dark circles, eye bags, and wrinkles.
Key Ingredients: Anti-Wrinkle Peptides, Caffeine, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C
- Organys Eye Cream gives solutions to crow’s feet, eye shadows, fine eye lines, and puffiness that age your skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C, and Caffeine complement the anti-aging benefits of this formula. Hyaluronic acid can hold up to 1,000x its weight in water, deeply hydrating and moisturizing the skin. Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant, brightens, and refines the skin for a fresh complexion. Caffeine helps tighten the skin for firmer-looking skin.
- Organys use safe, natural ingredients. It’s the best eye cream for wrinkles vegan and not tested on animals. No parabens, sulfates, or other harmful elements.
7. Era Organics Rejuvenating Eye Cream
About the product:
People will think you’ve been drinking from the Fountain of Youth when you use Era Organics’ rejuvenating eye cream. “Great eye cream that will last you a very long time!” one Amazon customer said. It’s loaded with many natural ingredients proven to plump skin cells, boost healthy circulation, fight wrinkles and premature aging, lessen puffy eye bags, and give softer, and more supple skin.
Key Ingredients: Papaya, Pumpkin seed oil, Calendula Oil, Jojoba Oil, Sunflower Oil, Castor Oil, Shea butter, Coconut Oil
- This organic cream has a super robust buttery formula, including super skin foods such as Jojoba Oil, Calendula Oil, Sunflower Oil, Raw Honey, Argan Oil, Coconut Oil, Rosemary Extract and more.
- Non-GMO, paraben-free, cruelty-free, non-toxic, chemical-free, fragrance-free, and hypoallergenic. Perfect for sensitive skin, for both men and women.
- Era Organics is a family-owned and operated brand. Hence, customer service and satisfaction are top priorities, which is why the company offers a 60 Day “Love It Or Your Money Back” Manufacturer’s Guarantee.
8. Tree To Tub Gentle Retinol Eye Cream
Made with organic healing botanicals to give a gentle effect for the dry, oily, and sensitive skins, this formulation might be the best vegan retinol eye cream you’re looking for. “Tree To Tub’s Retinol Eye Cream is just what I needed for the sensitive skin around my eyes. After just a few uses it had noticeably reduced bags and overall tired appearance under my eyes!” as exclaimed by one satisfied, happy reviewer.
About the product:
As mentioned in the first part of the article, retinol is an effective eye circle treatment, but at the same time, it can be harsh. This eye cream product by Tree to Tub makes use of the Balancing Complex of Healing Vitamins (B5, C, E, K) and Organic Soothing Botanicals to nourish and hydrate the skin.
Key Ingredients: Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid, Ginseng, Green Tea, Organic Cucumber, Aloe Vera, Chamomile, Jojoba Oil, Rose Water, Vitamins B5, C, E, & K
- This natural retinol eye cream effortlessly fights eye bags, puffiness, dull and dry skin with its hypoallergenic cream that promises healthy-looking skin that gives you that instant-facelift look.
- Dermatologists love this product for the following:
- Proven clinical Retinol & Hyaluronic Acid for youthful skin,
- Retinol-Balance Complex (Vitamin B5, C, E, K) to soothe sensitive skin,
- Anti-aging Eastern-Infusion Blend (Ginseng & Green Tea) to enhance Retinol benefits,
- Organic Moisture Surge Botanicals (Cucumber, Aloe Vera, Chamomile, Jojoba Oil, and Rose Water) for quenching hydration.
- Perfect for all skin types and extra sensitive (eczema, psoriasis, acne, rosacea)
- Free from Sulfates, SLS, Parabens, and DEA/MEA. Gluten-Free. Cruelty-Free, Vegan, and Fair Trade
9. Honey Girl Organics Face and Eye Cream
Brighten, and nourish skin with this face and eye cream by Honey Girl Organics. This luxurious, soothing balm will soften, moisturize, and repair your skin. It is also gentle enough to use on the delicate tissue around the eyes. “Great for an ‘as needed’ moisturizer!” writes one satisfied customer.
About the product:
Honey Girl Organics makes use of honey’s multiple health benefits in making its natural, organic, and cruelty-free cosmetics. Their ethically sourced raw honey creates a fantastic job in soothing, hydrating, and naturally building collagen.
Key Ingredients: Beeswax with Pollen & Propolis, Rose Oil Raw Pupukea Wildflower Honey, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, D-alpha Vitamin E, Royal Jelly
- This face and eye cream by Honey Girl Organics does a fantastic job in moisturizing, hydrating, and protecting the skin.
- Soothes and balances delicate facial tissue
- Non-Comedogenic cream that allows the skin to breathe
- Great as a day time moisturizer; Makeup applies easily
10. Kiss Red E Anti-Aging Eye Cream
About this product:
This cruelty-free eye cream by Kiss Red E comes in an airless bottle – an efficient feature so as it’s easy to use when you’re on the go. Kiss Red E makes use of what they call “Skinfood” to replenish and nourish the delicate skin around your eyes.
Key Ingredients: Sweet Almond Oil, Organic Green Tea Leaf Extract, Jojoba Oil, Alpha-Hydroxy Acid (AHA), Organic Aloe Leaf Juice, Niacinamide
- Kiss Red E Anti-Aging Eye Cream contains Natural, Vegan, and Organic ingredients which intensely hydrates the skin for soft, supple skin and youthful-looking eyes.
- Clinically shown to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines while reducing puffiness around the eyes
- Infused with high quality and lightweight ingredients to nourish and enhance skin’s radiance
- Dermatologist Tested. Formulated without Parabens, Phthalates, Petrolatum, and SLS
But First… Why Do You Need Cruelty Free Eye Cream?
Well, the skin under your eyes is very delicate. It’s a lot thinner than other parts of the face, making it more likely to show fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, and puffiness caused by aging, sun exposure, and stress. Eye cream addresses these issues and does the job with high-quality ingredients to help protect, repair, and moisturize that very delicate skin area– but at minimum concentrations, so as not to irritate your skin.
Moreover, using cruelty-free products reassures you that no ingredients of the products were tested on animals. While it’s just right to buy products that we necessarily need, still, we should have a consistent commitment to being a caring consumer. This means that we should make consumer choices that will not support or contribute to animal exploitation and suffering, including damaging their natural habitats. When shopping for under-eye creams, be sure to choose a brand that doesn’t test on animals by checking on Beauty Without Bunnies database.
What to Look For in the Best Cruelty Free Eye Cream?
Of course, it’s not enough that the ingredients of the eye cream are not tested on animals. You also want to invest in products that are effective and high quality. When looking for the best cruelty free eye cream or the best vegan under eye patches here are the key ingredients to look for:
- Amino Acids
You probably are familiar already with collagen – the main structural protein in the various connective tissues of the body, which helps keep the skin look smooth and firm. But, did you know that we produce 1% less collagen every year as we age? Luckily, there is a solution to boost this collagen production – yes, you guessed it right, the answer is amino acids.
Collagen, like elastin, is made up of amino acids, which makes skin springy and tight. By using amino acids, either topically or taking them orally through food supplements, you are helping your body produce more collagen and elastin. This helps minimize the skin wrinkles around your eyes and enables you to achieve more youthful-looking skin. Moreover, amino acids help maintain hydration, so it’s the perfect ingredient when looking for a hydrating eye cream.
- Mallow Flower Extract
Have you ever heard of the mallow flower extract? The word may sound similar to marshmallows, but nope, it has nothing to do with it sadly. It may not be as common as collagen, but you’d usually see this ingredient in most anti-aging products.
The mallow flower extract is derived from a purple flower called the Malva sylvestris. This flowering herb has long been used for its medicinal properties, such as treating inflammation and digestive and respiratory problems. It’s magical power, however, is its ability to heal and soothe the skin. It’s the ingredient to look out for when searching for an eye cream for sensitive skin as it is incredibly soothing and helps maintain healthy, taut skin.
The “it” ingredient making skincare rounds among beauty enthusiasts last year is no other than Niacinamide. It’s not a new ingredient, but it’s been recently popping up as a recognizable and desirable skincare ingredient.
Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3 that has been a common ingredient in commercial cosmetic products and dermatologists’ offices for years. When applied to the skin, it boosts the production of lipids (ceramides and fatty acids), which seals in moisture and makes skin appear more supple and plumper. Aside from softening the fine lines around the eyes, Niacinamide also brightens dark spots and calms irritation- making it an excellent ingredient for the best cruelty free eye cream.
You may also like: Elta MD Tinted Sunscreen Review
Anyone who’s researched about skincare has likely come across the buzzword: retinol. However, it’s quite harsh on the skin (redness, flaking, peeling) and may require intense skin commitment. An alternative that is making waves recently as retinol’s gentle sister and works equally strong magic is Bakuchiol. It is a plant extract from the Babchi plant, which research identifies as a natural, less-irritating, and vegan alternative. Like retinol, Bakuchiol stimulates the skin to produce more collagen to help firm up your skin and smoothen the fine lines around your eyes.
What should I avoid?
If you have sensitive skin, avoid products with a distinct, sharp fragrance as it might only end up irritating or drying your skin. An intense aroma might only serve to add to your wrinkle woes. Moreover, watch out for harmful components such as parabens and formaldehyde. Such ingredients are toxic to the skin.
How Do I Achieve Optimal Results with Eye Cream?
Always clean and moisturize your face before applying the eye cream. Also, consistency is key to achieving the best results out of your eye cream, so aim to use the product twice each day (in the morning and at night).
When applying, take a pea-sized amount of eye cream and apply it under your eyes in circular motions. Remember that less is more. If you are using the product with other makeup products, allow the cream to absorb fully, around 10 minutes or so.
What More Can I Do To Make Eye Cream More Effective?
You must maintain sufficient hydration levels to help keep your skin looking young and fresh. Quit bad habits, such as drinking and smoking, as those won’t do your skin any favors. Moreover, maintain a healthy diet. Eat foods with healthy fats, for instance, nuts or avocados, as well as fruits and veggies, which are rich with skin-protecting antioxidants. Make sure you get adequate rest, ideally six to eight hours per night, to help repair daytime damage by enhancing collagen production.
The skin under our eyes is extra delicate. Thank goodness, then for the several organic and cruelty free eye creams available in the market or online. While even the best cruelty free eye cream can’t magically make you look 18 years younger again, a high-quality product can soften fine lines, reduce dark circles, and help your skin look brighter and more youthful.
We hope this article has guided you in choosing the best cruelty free eye cream. There’s something for everyone on our list and for just about all skin types and tones. Remember to choose an eye cream that is the perfect combination of both ethical science and nature and enjoy the benefits of both!