Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/runcloud/webapps/TheApricot/wp-content/plugins/wp-word-count/public/class-wpwc-public.php on line 123
Dry hair can be an outcome of many things like damage, chemical treatment, etc. Your hair is lacking natural oils that make it smooth and shiny. So, what happens when your hair is dehydrated?
It tends to search for the hydration it desperately needs from your surroundings. And this is the reason why dry hair looks wiry during humid or wet weather. What happens is that the cuticles of your hair swell up while trying to absorb moisture from the air.
The excellent news is, many remedies and hair products can help you achieve a smoother lock. You need the best conditioner for dry frizzy hair. With these products and additional care, you can restore moisture and help reduce the frizz.
The 15 Best Conditioner for Dry Frizzy Hair
Get the hydration boost that your hair needs with the best conditioner for frizzy hair. Check out our review of the top products in the market designed and formulated to give you smooth, silky, and no-frizz hair.
1. Natural Hair Conditioner Keratin Treatment
This conditioner is not your typical hair product. It contains Argan oil, Green Tea, Silk Amino acids, and Sea Buckthorn. The generous amounts of antioxidants and essential fatty acids penetrate your hair deeply to add and seal moisture from the inside. Also, it is safe to use for all hair types since it has no harmful chemicals like paraben or sulfates.
What makes this conditioner unique is that it doesn’t just hydrate your hair but also works for your scalp. With cleansing oils, this natural dandruff conditioner helps reduce dryness, itchiness, and flaking. The Aloe Vera, Silk Peptide, and Shea butter targets the root cause of dry and frizzy hair.
- Controls frizz and hydrates dry scalp
- Ideal for all types of hair including curly, dry, or color-treated hair
- Contains natural moisturizing ingredients
- Has no harmful chemical
- It is sulfate-free, paraben-free, and cruelty-free
- The very thick consistency is a bit hard to work in your hair.
2. L’Oreal Paris Elvive Total Repair Conditioner
Revive your dry, damaged hair using this repairing conditioner from L’Oreal Paris. Years of heat styling and dyeing your hair can strip away the essential oils in your hair. Eventually, your hair becomes dry, weak, brittle, and prone to breakage. With this conditioner, you can replace the moisture that your hair desperately needs and strengthen each strand.
Furthermore, it works to prevent weak, rough, dull, and dehydrated hair. The combination of protein and ceramides helps reinforce and seal moisture and nutrients into your hair. Your locks turn out to be lively, healthy, and silky after using this product as a part of your daily hair care routine.
- Contains protein and ceramide elixirs
- Repairs and strengthens hair strands
- Treats various types of hair damage
- Hydrate, soften, and smooth hair
- Helps prevent split-ends
- Must be rinsed well or used with clarifying shampoo to prevent product buildup
3. PURA D’OR Healing Argan Oil Conditioner
Ordinary conditioners can leave your hair feeling limp and heavy. This revitalizing conditioner detangles, tames your frizz, restores volume into your hair. Using proteins produced from botanical extracts, it turns mail looking healthier and smoother. Its key ingredients include vanilla extract, argan oil, and lavender oil.
This conditioner helps to detangle your hair, make it healthier, and feel softer. Your hair becomes more manageable and smoother. The fatty acids and Vitamin E from argan oil protect strands from damage. Meanwhile, Lavender oil helps remedy scalp issues like dryness and itchiness. Plus, the creamy vanilla scent stays in your hair for hours.
- Control frizz and adds volume
- Includes moisturizing ingredients such as argan oil and aloe vera
- Has a gentle formula suitable for all hair types
- Nourishes both hair and scalp
- Revitalizes damaged and dry hair
- Lasting vanilla fragrance
- Environmentally friends, non-toxic, and cruelty-free
- Might take some time to see results for dry, coarse hair
4. OGX Extra Strength Conditioner
Coconut oil is a well-known moisturizing ingredient that helps tame frizzy hair. Combined with Tiare essence and vanilla bean, it also repairs and revives dry and damaged hair. There are no harmful ingredients in this conditioner, so it is safe to use for all hair types.
Its irresistible tropical scent leaves hair not just touchable soft but also smelling good. Use it every day in the shower to moisturize and restore your hair’s natural shine. For best results, leave it on your hair for three to five minutes before rinsing. Finally, remove tangles using a wide-tooth comb while your hair is still wet.
- Hydrates and nourishes hair
- Repairs and improves strand’s elasticity
- Moisturizes and protects hair from damage caused by styling
- Best for coarse, damaged, curly, and frizzy hair
- It is sulfate-free and paraben-free
- Enticing rich fragrance
- Needs to be used with additional hydrating hair products for extremely dehydrated hair
5. Nexxus Humectress Moisturizing Conditioner
If you are searching for salon-grade frizzy hair products, then you don’t have to look further. This conditioner helps hydrate hair without leaving it feeling weighed down. Curls and waves appear more defined without the frizz because this product has no silicones in it. Of course, it also works great for all normal to dry hair types.
You don’t have to visit the salon to get luscious-looking hair. This conditioner will repair all the damages caused by styling, chemical treatments, and the environment. It uses essential proteins to revitalize and replenish your hair, so it becomes healthier and shinier without weighing it down with chemicals.
- Elastin Protein and caviar complex provides deep conditioning
- Rehydrates hair, leaving it smooth and shiny
- Restores proteins stripped from damaged hair
- Best conditioner for curly hair since it is silicone-free
- Leaves hair flexible and bouncy
- May feel greasy on oily hair type.
6. BIOLAGE Colorlast Conditioner
Color can look faded and unflattering on dry and frizzy hair. Dyeing your hair can cause dryness and weaken your hair. When this happens, the color starts to fade quickly. If this is a problem for you, you’ll need a hydrating conditioner that won’t diminish your hair’s color.
This antifade conditioner promises to help prolong, improve depth, and add vibrancy to your color-treated hair. Furthermore, it tames your frizz to make your hair look more beautiful and shinier. Its formula is excellent for reducing tangles and protecting hair from damage. You don’t have to fear rain or humid weather anymore. This anti-frizz conditioner also provides static control to combat frizz.
- Moisturizes hair while helping preserve color
- Softens and detangles hair
- Adds shine and depth to the color
- Contains mild ingredients suitable for all hair types
- Has a paraben-free formula
- It is also environmentally friendly.
- The product can buildup on hair after prolonged use.
7. SheaMoisture Curl And Shine Conditioner
Natural hair products are always the best choice for hair care. This moisturizing conditioner boasts a natural and lightweight formula that smooth out frizz. It works excellent on curls as it does not weigh it down with silicone. Your hair feels nourished and looks shiny when you use this product.
Plus, ingredients in the conditioner are safe because it has no parabens, sulfates, phthalates, petrolatum, propylene glycol, mineral oil, and silicones. Jojoba seed oil and mango butter provide better hydration for damaged and brittle hair.
It also uses silk protein and neem oil to add a protective layer that fights against damage from pollution. Other natural and organic ingredients that they use include Raw Shea butter, olive oil, aloe vera, and rosemary extracts.
- A natural conditioner
- Has a lightweight formula
- Smooth and restores dry and damaged cuticles
- Best deep conditioner for natural hair
- Uses natural and organic ingredients
- It is also environmentally friendly and cruelty-free
- Contains no harmful chemical
- Fragrance can be too overpowering for some.
8. MoroccanOil Hydrating Conditioner
Your dry hair turns frizzy when it needs moisture. A hydrating conditioner gives your strands a boost in moisture to keep it smooth. Added nutrients, on the other hand, helps repair damage and make your hair healthier. So, to combat frizz, you must keep your hair well-moisturized, hydrated, and nourished.
This daily conditioner provides intense hydration while also improving its body and volume. Its special argan-oil infused blend of ingredients helps remove tangles and enhance shine. Your hair becomes more manageable and bouncier without any frizz. Plus, it uses linden bud extract to revitalize hair strands and smooth out its cuticles.
- Leaves hair soft, smooth, and manageable
- Rich with antioxidants, argan oil, and moisturizing red algae
- Nourishes and hydrates dry hair
- Vitamins and essential fatty acids help reduce frizz
- Contains no paraben, sulfate, and phosphate
- Has a sweet floral smell
- Reduces volume making hair look flat for some hair types
9. Pantene Pro-V Smooth and Sleek
From one of the best brands for hair care products, this conditioner gave us an excellent reason to be part of our list. For one thing, this anti-frizz control contains Argan and Avocado oil combined with Pro-V nutrients. This unique formula works to keep your hair smooth and sleek, even during humid weather. It ensures your hair has all the moisture and nutrients it needs.
Moreover, it has micro-moisturizers that coat each strand for a more long-lasting result. Use this product to replenish and seal in the moisture to repair your damaged or dry hair. Your hair will immediately feel softer and healthier after each application.
- Rehydrates dry and damaged hair
- Combats frizz and leaves hair feeling soft
- Contains Argan oil and avocado extract
- Rich and intense moisturizing formula
- Leaves hair smooth and sleek longer
- Best for all hair types
- Don’t use it on your scalp as it can cause dryness or irritation.
10. UNITE Hair Leave-IN Conditioner
If you want additional moisture for your dry hair, moisturizing shampoo and conditioner may not be enough. You can improve your hair care routine by using a leave-in conditioner. It is not the same product as your daily conditioner. Instead of rinsing it, you use a leave-in conditioner after washing your hair with shampoo and regular conditioner.
You spray this product on your damp hair and use a comb to work the formula all-throughout your hair. Plus, it is very lightweight and helps seal in moisture without reducing volume and definition. Your hair becomes smooth and silky longer than using just your ordinary conditioner.
- Detangles and seals in moisture
- Repairs and strengthens hair strands
- Protects against UV and heat damage
- Suitable for all hair types
- It helps lock in color to your hair
- Contains no parabens and sodium chloride
- The formula can be too heavy or oily for some hair types.
11. Dove Daily Moisture Conditioner
This daily moisturizing conditioner from Dove contains a gentle formula that is safe for everyday use. If your hair turns greasy quickly when using deep conditioners, this product is suitable for you. Not all dry hair is the same for many people. For some, certain ingredients rapidly build up on the cuticles causing it to become dull and oily.
With this conditioner, your hair stays clean and fresh with every wash. Your hair visibly looks healthier, lighter, smoother, and more manageable. Most importantly, it gives your hair all the nutrients and moisture it needs to prevent frizz. And finally, it protects hair from regular wear and tears.
- Softens, moisturizes, and smoothens hair
- Protects hair against daily styling and wear
- Prevents products buildup
- Helps detangle and improve manageability
- Has a mild formula that is fit for all hair types
- Does not have enough hydrating effect for extremely dehydrated hair
12. TRESemmé Moisture Rich Conditioner
Another great drugstore moisturizing conditioner is from TRESemme. Its creamy hydrating formula does not only replace moisture to your hair but also helps seal it. Moreover, your hair becomes smooth and silky without the greasy feel that most conditioners do. Their Vitamin E and biotin infused conditioner are lightweight, safe, and gentle for daily application.
It keeps hair well-hydrated for hours after using this product. With regular use, it revives damaged hair and brings back its vibrancy. Your hair looks professionally treated every single day. Whether you have sleek straight hair or tight curls, this conditioner will transform your hair, making it healthier and smoother.
- Hydrates and locks moisture on dry hair
- Contains Vitamin E and biotin that softens hair
- Helps restore dry and damaged hair
- Leaves hair looking vibrant and shiny
- Lightweight formula does not weigh down strands
- Great for any hair types as well as color-treated hair
- Does not improve texture for dry, coarse hair
13. Pureology Hydrate Moisturizing Conditioner
Keeping thick dry hair well-hydrated, especially when it has been color-treated, is a challenge. With this conditioner from Pureology, you can both prolong your hair’s color and moisturize it simultaneously. It uses vital ingredients, including jojoba oil, sage, and green tea. Their formula is 100% Vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, and sulfate-free.
Additionally, it uses sunflower seed and Vitamin E to protect hair from UV rays and make sure that your color lasts. All you have to do with this conditioner is massage it into your hair after washing with your favorite shampoo. Rinse it thoroughly after 1-2 minutes to get the best results.
- Hydrates and moisturizes hair
- Revitalizes every strand and control frizz
- Prolongs and protects color
- Lightweight formula does not buildup on hair
- Suitable for all hair types
- Excellent for thick, dry, and color-treated hair
- Vegan and sulfate-free
- The mint and menthol fragrance can be too overpowering.
14. Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner
Argan oil has benefits for your hair, especially when it is dry and frizzy. This essential oil not only hydrates and restores moisture but also protects hair from damage. Regular sun exposure, using heat styling tools, and chemicals can take a toll on your hair. This natural hydrating conditioner will help you combat frizz and damage even if you have curly, straight, or thick hair.
It is very gentle and contains no harmful ingredients. Unlike other brands, it prevents hair loss, itchiness, and irritations. Adding Vitamin E to their formula helps penetrate under the cuticles of your hair to make it stronger and more resilient to damage. You get thicker and healthy-looking hair with each use.
- Rich in vitamins and antioxidants
- Deeply moisturizes and smooth frizzy hair
- Nourishes and repairs damaged hair
- Vitamin E strengthens, thickens, revitalizes hair
- Does not contain sulfates, parabens, sodium chloride, phthalates, or gluten
- Best for dry, damaged, or chemically-treated hair
- Consistency is too heavy and can weigh down some hair types.
15. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Conditioner
Do you hate it when humidity and rain ruin your good hair day? This anti-frizz conditioner from Garnier will change your life. Using Argan oil, these products manage to soak each strand of your dry, frizzy hair with much-needed moisture. Also, the formula has a long-lasting effect without making hair look limp and stiff.
Garnier uses fruit proteins, plant extracts, Vitamin B3, and B6 to revive and strengthen your hair. Furthermore, it is paraben-free, silicon-free, and safe to use every day. Your hair gets healthier and naturally smoother when you use this product.
- Uses Argan oil from Morozzo
- Smooth each strand of dry hair
- Provides long-lasting frizz control
- Can withstand even 97% humidity
- Nourishes hair and protects color
- Provides excellent frizz control without reducing flexibility
- It is paraben-free
- Not suitable for oily hair
What Causes Dry Frizzy Hair
The lack of moisture turns your hair dry. And, without enough hydration, your hair starts to seek moisture from your surroundings. As this happens, your hair starts to become frizzy. To combat both dryness and frizziness, you must first find out its source. Here are five issues that cause your hair to become dry and frizzy.
1. Washing Your Hair With Hot Water
Natural oils are crucial in keeping your hair smooth and shiny. It is why washing your hair in the shower with very hot water strips away all the moisture that your hair needs. Knowing this, you should only wash your hair with lukewarm water. Shortening your shower-time also helps reduce the amount of damage it does to your hair.
2. Using Hot Styling Stools On Your Hair
Similarly, using hot styling tools like a blow dryer, curling iron, or straightening iron every day is not suitable for your hair. The heat from these tools can cause damage and remove moisture. So, to prevent frizz, you should avoid or minimize applying heat to your hair.
If you can’t avoid it, use a heat protectant on your hair before styling it. Also, make sure that you use the lowest temperature setting.
3. Washing Your Hair Excessively
Some ingredients and chemicals on your shampoo can be harsh on your hair. And, washing your hair with it every day can be drying your hair. If this happens to you, then you should switch up your hair care routine.
Minimize the damage by using shampoo on your hair for only two to three times a week. Look for a moisturizing shampoo and best conditioner for dry hair to repair damage and add moisture to your hair.
4. Skipping On Regular Hair Trim
Dehydrated hair turns brittle and may develop split-ends in the long run. Getting it freshly trimmed every six to eight months helps remove split-ends and reduce the damage it causes to your locks.
5. Drying Your Hair Incorrectly
Dry hair needs a ton of care. You have to be gentle about it, including when you are drying it after you shower. Wrapping and roughly rubbing it with an abrasive towel takes away the moisture and damages your strands. Using a microfiber towel on your hair will help stop the dryness and control the frizz.
Hair Care Tips to Prevent Dry Frizzy Hair
Rain, humidity, and sweat are dry and frizzy hair’s worst enemy. But there is still hope for you, as you can take extra steps that can help you tame your hair. Get your dry, frizzy hair under control by following these tips:
- Keep Your Hair Well-Moisturized
Your dry hair becomes frizzy because it lacks moisture. To keep your dry hair from getting hydration from the air’s humidity, you need to moisturize it. Use moisturizing hair products and proper care.
- Use Hydrating Hair Care Products
Choose products that have moisturizing properties to smooth your hair. Use hydrating, shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, leave-in conditioner, etc. Avoid hair care products containing harmful ingredients like alcohol, which can further dry hair.
Look for conditioners that include protein and natural oils to moisturize your day after each wash. Then, make it a routine to apply a deep conditioner every once or twice a week. If your hair still needs extra hydration, you can spray on a no-rinse leave-in conditioner.
- Steer Clear Of Brushing Your Hair While It Is Dry
Brushing dry hair upsets the cuticle causing it to stretch and break. It is best only to brush or comb your hair when it is damp. After that, you should also apply an anti-frizz product or a leave-in conditioner to add moisture. In case you need to tame your hair, it is best to finger-comb it with wet fingers to detangle and smooth out the frizz.
- Don’t Blow Dry Your Hair.
The ends of your hair are the driest part. Using a blow dryer will cause it to lose more of its moisture. Try only drying the roots of your hair to prevent it from frizzing. You can also use a heat-protectant before drying it to help retain its moisture.
- Resist The Urge To Touch Your Hair
Stop playing with your hair. Touching your hair disrupts the curl pattern and adds unwanted friction, which creates the frizz. Keep in mind that the more you reach for it, the worse it is going to be.
What to Look for When Purchasing Conditioner for Dry and Frizzy Hair
The best conditioner is your hair’s remedy and defense against extreme dryness and frizz. To help you find which suits your hair’s needs, we have curated a short guide. Use the following checklist when purchasing the best conditioner for your dry frizzy hair.
Hydrating Or Anti-Frizz Properties
When searching for the best conditioner for thick hair, whether from the drugstore or high-end brands, look for hydrating, moisturizing, anti-frizz, or soothing properties. Many types of conditioners offer various benefits. For your dry hair, you’ll need a conditioner that would add moisture. It would also make your hair much smoother and shinier.
Key Moisturizing Ingredients
To ensure that you have the right conditioner, you can also check the labels for its key ingredients. As a consumer, you should, at all times, know what you are putting into your hair. For instance, most hair care products that say hydrating or moisturizing has formulas contain:
- Coconut oil
- Argan oil
- Shea butter
- Jojoba oil
Ingredients Or Chemicals To Avoid
Some aspects of your conditioner and other hair care products can dehydrate and strip your natural oil hair. Using these products regularly can be harmful or may even lead to hair loss. To prevent further drying and damaging your locks, simply avoid products with chemicals including:
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfates
- Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate
- Mureth Sulfate
- Lauryl Alcohol Derivatives
- Propylene Glycol
- Olefin Sulfonate
Know Your Hair Type
Not all hair types are the same. Every ingredient can have varying results depending on the type of hair. For example, silicone flattens the hair cuticles, making it smooth. However, for curly hair types, silicones weigh down the hair and reduce your coils’ definition. Straight hair, on the other hand, becomes smoother and silkier.
What is the correct way to use a conditioner?
The right way to use a conditioner is to apply it after shampooing your hair. First, you squeeze out the excess water from your hair after rinsing the shampoo. Apply the conditioner evenly and leave it for at least two minutes.
This way, you give time for the conditioner to adhere to your strands. You should detangle your hair gently using a wide-tooth comb. This method also helps work in the conditioner to your stands. Finally, rinse thoroughly.
How often should you use a conditioner?
Hairstylist advises you to use a conditioner after every time you wash your hair with shampoo. Some ingredients in the shampoo not only cleanses away dirt and product buildup on your hair but also manages to take away its natural oil.
The conditioner replaces the moisture that the shampoo strips from your hair. It also softens, detangles, and reduces frizz.
Is it okay to use a conditioner only when washing your hair?
Washing your hair with a conditioner alone is called co-washing. If you have dry hair, co-washing helps moisturize and gently cleanse your hair. To prevent product buildup, you should also wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo every two weeks.
Are there different types of hair conditioner?
There are three main types of conditioning products: daily conditioners, deep conditioners, and leave-in conditioners. The only difference is that deep conditioners like hair masks are best for dry, damaged, or treated hair. It is more intensive than a daily conditioner.
On the other hand, in the form of spray or lotions, leave-in conditioners are best for taming frizzy or curly hair. It adds extra hydration to your hair after a shower.
Should I rinse my hair after conditioning?
A quick answer is yes. You need to rinse out regular or daily conditioners after two to five minutes. It is essential because leaving it for too long causes product buildup on your hair. Eventually, your hair is weighed down and becomes dull. Not rinsing the conditioner can also lead to breakage.
Dryness does not only cause frizz but may also lead to breakage or hair loss. Keeping your hair healthy, through a balanced diet, is the primary key to a smooth and glossy hair.
Besides that, you may have to change your hair care routine to avoid further causing damage to it during styling. Most importantly, using the best conditioner for dry frizzy hair will give you the much-needed moisture to combat dryness and frizz.